We are 15!
Social media was in its infancy. YouTube had only just been launched. Dr Who relaunched. James Blunt was the biggest musician of the year. Needless to say, 2005 was a long time ago but it was when Aurora first launched and we’re still going strong! To celebrate, we recorded this video with our team today talking about what Aurora means to them:
As you no doubt know, Claire Eldridge and Neil Crump, launched Aurora after having worked together and seeing a gap in the market for a strategic healthcare communications agency that was bold and creative. Since then, we’ve helped over 100 companies across the healthcare lifecycle, including most recently helping clients, healthcare professionals and patients adapt to COVID-19. As Claire says, “Pharma and healthcare have never been so vital to the world and we are more driven than ever by our purpose to change patient lives.”
The Aurora Story
It was at the PMEA awards fifteen years ago that we officially launched and, coming full circle, the agency is a finalist for two awards at this week’s ceremony. There have been many other awards, including winning the Communiqué Small Independent Consultancy of the Year and Communications Consultancy of the Year in successive years.
We have always strived to be at the forefront of the healthcare communications industry, and are proud to have:
- Turned around NICE decisions
- Added products to guidelines
- Successfully launched many healthcare “firsts”, including the first pill in multiple sclerosis and the first genetic modifier in cystic fibrosis
- Led the charge when social media was taking off as the first healthcare communications agency to have a Twitter account and a blog
- Worked to speed up access to innovative medicines and technologies, including contributing to the UK government’s Accelerated Access Review
- Championed greater collaboration across the industry
Neil says, “Over the next 15 years, healthcare and communications are going to change dramatically, they will be almost unrecognisable. But one thing that will undoubtedly continue to be absolutely fundamental is partnering meaningfully with patients.”
Claire adds, “As the only independent healthcare agency with our levels of experience, we are positioned to innovate and adapt quickly in these times of change. We will continue to improve lives and prove it, truly transforming the world of patients and industry professionals.”
Here’s to the next 15 years!